Welcome to The Joint - Woodland Hills! As your local chiropractor in Woodland Hills, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Woodland Hills chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Van Grinsven
Dr. James Van Grinsven was born and raised in southern California and graduated from CSUN in 1984 with a degree in biology. Afterwards, he went to Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, earning his doctorate degree with a Summa Cum Laude honor. Since that time, he has been in practice for over 25 years, treating patients all the while raising 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Along the way, he has practiced in conjunction with other physicians including orthopedists, neurologists and pain management specialists. His passion remains strong with chiropractic from the day he graduated until today.
He has continued his quest for knowledge over the years and has taught his skill at the post graduate level to other chiropractors in the state of California. “Dr. Van” has seen many changes in the profession as well as its perception by the public. He believes in the approach that it is easier to maintain health than it is to regain it with drugs or surgery. Hobbies that he enjoys include the outdoors such as camping, traveling and following his kids’ college teams in volleyball and basketball.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Woodland Hills chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- January 18, 2015If you’re a woman, then you know how busy a woman’s world really is. Women are constantly on the go. The responsibilities are endless, and we’re pulled in a million different directions. Even though there are numerous things that you feel should come first…jobs, kids, home, etc…it’s important to occasionally put yourself first. In fact, ...
- January 16, 2015We seem to live in a world of constant stress, with so much needing to be done in so much time, and we often find ourselves racing against the clock. It can be easy to get down and let negative thoughts pervade your consciousness, but there are still plenty of positive things you can focus ...
- December 29, 2014It’s been mentioned before in holistic and alternative therapy circles that chiropractic therapy is the weapon of choice for health problems ranging from infant colic to multiple sclerosis. But could a patient’s blood pressure measurements even experience true relief through expert chiropractic care? A 2008 study hoped to look at the response presented from the region of ...
- December 8, 2014Chiropractic care provides relief for just about everything, you’ve heard, whether it’s simple back discomfort or full-on whiplash symptoms; or at least that’s what people are saying. But, come on now: could chiropractic care REALLY offer such awesome benefits? All these chiropractic success stories have reached a crescendo in your mind; you’ve heard it all ...
- December 4, 2014Thanksgiving is unfortunately already behind us– and I’m already beginning to drool at thought of next year’s feast and the tasty turkey piled high, yummy sweet potatoes brimming out of a big dinner bowl, and hefty pumpkin pie soaking on my tongue! With those three Thanksgiving staples, which of them is not like the others– ...
- November 21, 2014If you’re eating something from the supermarket, it’s gotta be good– right? By good, we’re certainly not saying “good for you”– but it’s, like, safe, right? Think again: improper safety testing protocols and “government loopholes” have led to sneakily-scary ingredients burrowing their way into thousands of well-known foods, many of which have a link with cancer. ...
- November 11, 2014When it comes to your heart health, exercise is necessary– but it can oftentimes seem like too boring of a task to get started on. That means enjoying– yes, enjoying– a consistent workout routine is paramount to keeping your thumper as happy as a clam. Whether it’s heavy lifting, jogging at an incline, or even experiencing ...
- November 3, 2014Sleep is a different experience for everyone. For example, the second my face touches the pillow, I am out like a light. It’s actually a little freaky how quickly I fall asleep. Regardless of my strange abilities, that doesn’t make sleep less important for any one person. Sleep is truly a surreal experience, and one that ...
- October 24, 2014When it comes to chiropractic care’s numerous benefits, just how far do they go? Well, the complementary and alternative medicine therapy option has continually been verified in research as being an excellent treatment option for overcoming Multiple Sclerosis (MS) in its suffering patients. It’s this scientific evidence of chiropractic care’s efficacy that makes it worth checking ...