Welcome to The Joint - Woodland Hills! As your local chiropractor in Woodland Hills, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Woodland Hills chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Van Grinsven
Dr. James Van Grinsven was born and raised in southern California and graduated from CSUN in 1984 with a degree in biology. Afterwards, he went to Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, earning his doctorate degree with a Summa Cum Laude honor. Since that time, he has been in practice for over 25 years, treating patients all the while raising 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Along the way, he has practiced in conjunction with other physicians including orthopedists, neurologists and pain management specialists. His passion remains strong with chiropractic from the day he graduated until today.
He has continued his quest for knowledge over the years and has taught his skill at the post graduate level to other chiropractors in the state of California. “Dr. Van” has seen many changes in the profession as well as its perception by the public. He believes in the approach that it is easier to maintain health than it is to regain it with drugs or surgery. Hobbies that he enjoys include the outdoors such as camping, traveling and following his kids’ college teams in volleyball and basketball.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Woodland Hills chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- October 28, 2015MichaelLong flights, layovers, and nights in isolated hotels can make it difficult to get decent, healthy food while away from the amenities of home. To solve this problem, dietitians were asked how they keep their meals healthy when on the road for nutrition conferences and other trips. Green smoothies – most cities and towns in America ...
- October 15, 2015MichaelConstipation is an often overlooked health problem because most consider it an uncomfortable fact of getting older. But the reality is that constipation can seriously affect the quality of your life by creating a feeling of general uneasiness throughout the day, while limiting possibilities for physical activity. The causes of constipation are many and can ...
- September 30, 2015MichaelThere’s nothing worse than knowing you have to be up early to deal with important life events but the clock just keeps ticking while sleep seems to drift further and further away. In desperate times such as these, many turn to easy yet habit forming and ultimately dangerous prescription sleep aids. However, there are natural ...
- September 18, 2015MichaelAs Fall approaches so does the cold and flu season. Over the years numerous fast acting vitamin supplements that advertise themselves as effective weapons against the common cold have hit store shelves in the form of powdered drinks and dissolving tablets. Their labels announce huge doses of vitamin C or zinc, both of which are ...
- September 3, 2015MichaelA growing trend in commuter biking between home and office has been viewed as an overall net positive from both a healthcare and ecological perspective. People at risk for developing cardiovascular problems are now getting the aerobic exercise that will keep their hearts healthy for years to come. Those at risk for obesity, burn more ...
- August 19, 2015MichaelThe warmth of spring and summer are often a welcome respite from the colder months that come before. For joggers, a break from running indoors on the treadmill and returning to a more natural setting with views of trees and sky can be an additional motivating factor to stick to exercising. However, there is a point ...
- July 29, 2015MichaelA recent survey found that for women in their 30’s anxiety was the biggest health fear. In short, it seems women living through this decade of their lives are anxious about being anxious. This is thought to be the result of the number of stressful issues that often rise up for women of this age ...
- July 21, 2015MichaelIn past decades it was universally proclaimed that drinking milk and consuming other dairy products was essential for regulating the health, especially for young people. Milk’s benefits included meeting the daily recommended levels of calcium for strong bones and teeth, and replenishing the body’s protein and fat stores after a hard workout. However, recent research shows ...
- July 17, 2015MichaelFor those who suffer from migraine headaches the symptoms are known all too well. It begins with a throbbing in the head, then becomes an over sensitivity to bright light, smells, and loud noises. The pain that results from a migraine can be devastating to the degree that all other functioning must cease until it ...