Welcome to The Joint - Woodland Hills! As your local chiropractor in Woodland Hills, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Woodland Hills chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Van Grinsven
Dr. James Van Grinsven was born and raised in southern California and graduated from CSUN in 1984 with a degree in biology. Afterwards, he went to Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, earning his doctorate degree with a Summa Cum Laude honor. Since that time, he has been in practice for over 25 years, treating patients all the while raising 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Along the way, he has practiced in conjunction with other physicians including orthopedists, neurologists and pain management specialists. His passion remains strong with chiropractic from the day he graduated until today.
He has continued his quest for knowledge over the years and has taught his skill at the post graduate level to other chiropractors in the state of California. “Dr. Van” has seen many changes in the profession as well as its perception by the public. He believes in the approach that it is easier to maintain health than it is to regain it with drugs or surgery. Hobbies that he enjoys include the outdoors such as camping, traveling and following his kids’ college teams in volleyball and basketball.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Woodland Hills chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- March 26, 2015Migraine headaches are high on the list of health problems that debilitate people around the world each year. Gender seems to be a key factor in determining who is most likely to suffer from this ailment, with statistics showing a breakdown of 15% prevalence for women compared to just 6% for men. Migraines occur in unpredictable ...
- March 10, 2015Preventing acne is difficult, especially because scientists have not pinpointed one single cause for acne. There are several factors that can lead to acne that you’ll need to address if you want to banish the spots for good. One is “on-the-surface” and six are related to your overall health. 1. Pore clogging Clogged pores are caused by ...
- March 6, 2015Our country is still reeling from a fungal meningitis outbreak that began last year, and the blame is being placed on tainted steroids that were used to treat patients with back pain. A “cure” that has made almost 400 people ill, and killed more than 2 dozen. As they’re starting to pick up the pieces, medical ...
- March 6, 2015Migraines are agonizing, recurring headaches that come in two varieties: the common migraine, accompanied by an aura, and the classic migraine, with no aura. Both types of migraine may be accompanied by nausea and intense pain. Migraine Symptoms The auras that come with a common migraine may appear as jagged lines or bursts of lights. As someone ...
- February 24, 2015Men and women have very similar qualities and they also have very individualized qualities. Sometimes the health concerns of men differ from those of women. There are certain illnesses and disease that affect one gender more than the other. While we like to think that we are very similar and mirror each other, there are ...
- February 10, 2015You may have heard a lot of health buzz around this new diet called the paleo diet, also known as the Primal Blueprint or caveman diet. This way of eating seems to have taken the diet industry by storm with hundreds of websites, diet plans, and even cookbooks. So what is the big deal about ...
- February 9, 2015I went to university in my home country of Australia, where students move out of home to live in their own apartments or share houses, not dormitories. I didn’t have the typical American college experience – but I did make great friends who I socialized with almost every day. Now a new study from the University ...
- January 30, 2015I worked from home for ten years. As a writer, I appreciated the quiet and the ability to be flexible with appointments, meetings or phone calls with clients, as well as being able to duck out for a quick coffee or lunch date with a friend when I wanted to. Now I work a regular ...
- January 27, 2015There has been an influx of gluten-free products in grocery stores and in various restaurants. That is because there is an auto-immune disorder called Celiac Disease that causes damage to the small intense when gluten is digested. Celiac disease is genetically passed down and it is important to be aware of family history as eating gluten ...