Welcome to The Joint - Woodland Hills! As your local chiropractor in Woodland Hills, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Woodland Hills chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Van Grinsven
Dr. James Van Grinsven was born and raised in southern California and graduated from CSUN in 1984 with a degree in biology. Afterwards, he went to Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, earning his doctorate degree with a Summa Cum Laude honor. Since that time, he has been in practice for over 25 years, treating patients all the while raising 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Along the way, he has practiced in conjunction with other physicians including orthopedists, neurologists and pain management specialists. His passion remains strong with chiropractic from the day he graduated until today.
He has continued his quest for knowledge over the years and has taught his skill at the post graduate level to other chiropractors in the state of California. “Dr. Van” has seen many changes in the profession as well as its perception by the public. He believes in the approach that it is easier to maintain health than it is to regain it with drugs or surgery. Hobbies that he enjoys include the outdoors such as camping, traveling and following his kids’ college teams in volleyball and basketball.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Woodland Hills chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- August 19, 2015MichaelThe warmth of spring and summer are often a welcome respite from the colder months that come before. For joggers, a break from running indoors on the treadmill and returning to a more natural setting with views of trees and sky can be an additional motivating factor to stick to exercising. However, there is a point ...
- July 29, 2015MichaelA recent survey found that for women in their 30’s anxiety was the biggest health fear. In short, it seems women living through this decade of their lives are anxious about being anxious. This is thought to be the result of the number of stressful issues that often rise up for women of this age ...
- July 21, 2015MichaelIn past decades it was universally proclaimed that drinking milk and consuming other dairy products was essential for regulating the health, especially for young people. Milk’s benefits included meeting the daily recommended levels of calcium for strong bones and teeth, and replenishing the body’s protein and fat stores after a hard workout. However, recent research shows ...
- July 17, 2015MichaelFor those who suffer from migraine headaches the symptoms are known all too well. It begins with a throbbing in the head, then becomes an over sensitivity to bright light, smells, and loud noises. The pain that results from a migraine can be devastating to the degree that all other functioning must cease until it ...
- July 10, 2015MichaelBuckwheat is a highly nutritious food that carries with it many healthy advantages. Besides this its also easy to make without costing very much at all. Often mistaken for a grain, buckwheat is in fact a seed from a plant that is genetically similar to rhubarb and sorrel. So, despite its name, buckwheat is in no ...
- June 26, 2015MichaelFor many who lay down to sleep at night they are suddenly irritated by an internal tickling or itching feeling in the larger muscles of their thighs and calves which has been sometimes described as the feeling of fine thread being pulled through this region. This annoying tingling in the legs is enough to create an ...
- June 18, 2015MichaelModern medicine continues to say that the key to a healthier diet is to increase the intake of plant based foods. For many, this would seem to exclude a whole range of habitual favorite foodstuffs that don’t meet this plant-based criteria. This isn’t necessarily the case, however, as foods can be modified and combined with ...
- June 12, 2015MichaelGoing on a long extended vacation away from home can throw regular healthy routines out of sync, and where individuals were formerly habitual about things like portion control, counting calories, and making sure to get well-balanced meals, life on the road or in an unfamiliar location, can force one to eat whatever is most convenient, ...
- June 5, 2015MichaelThe fact that sugar heavy foods like candy and soda are bad for the teeth is common knowledge, however, there are other sources of sugar and acids that can wear away at the enamel of the teeth that aren’t so well known. What follows is a list of these obscure causes of dental decay. Juicing Although juice ...