Welcome to The Joint - Woodland Hills! As your local chiropractor in Woodland Hills, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Woodland Hills chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Van Grinsven
Dr. James Van Grinsven was born and raised in southern California and graduated from CSUN in 1984 with a degree in biology. Afterwards, he went to Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, earning his doctorate degree with a Summa Cum Laude honor. Since that time, he has been in practice for over 25 years, treating patients all the while raising 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Along the way, he has practiced in conjunction with other physicians including orthopedists, neurologists and pain management specialists. His passion remains strong with chiropractic from the day he graduated until today.
He has continued his quest for knowledge over the years and has taught his skill at the post graduate level to other chiropractors in the state of California. “Dr. Van” has seen many changes in the profession as well as its perception by the public. He believes in the approach that it is easier to maintain health than it is to regain it with drugs or surgery. Hobbies that he enjoys include the outdoors such as camping, traveling and following his kids’ college teams in volleyball and basketball.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Melbourne chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- September 26, 2014You’ve seen them in fitness magazines, infomercials, and action movies. You’ve heard about them on the radio, from your friends, and from your gym trainer. But no matter what you do, those elusive ab muscles just seem to be getting further away. In all reality, all of us have them– but it’s the evidence of those ...
- September 18, 2014When it comes to our moods, can we really eat them into submission? Emotional eating is probably a more real phenomenon than you realize, and the reason for it lies in your body’s serotonin; this is the neurotransmitter in our brain that tells us we should delve into carb-y snacks and sweetened treats when we feel ...
- September 11, 2014Chiropractic care has been found to lead to a number of different health benefits along with an improved well-being post-intervention initiation. Could chiropractic care even reach the many people afflicted with scoliosis, then? A study looked to uncover retrospective results from patients who finished an exercise-dependent chiropractic program, examining its potential to improve the otherwise-normal deterioration ...
- September 8, 2014On top of diet and exercise, the time you spend commuting may have a large impact of your health. Studies show that the further you drive from home to work, the more likely you are to have high blood pressure, increased body weight, larger waist size, and lower levels of cardiovascular fitness. Driving more than ...
- August 29, 2014Admit it or not, you probably love grains. Unfortunately, your skin really doesn’t. There are numerous reasons for this, but one of the biggest involves the skin-wrecking hormone growth factor-1 (IGF) that is more active when you over consume grains. That’s because grains set off a number of skin complications that can manifest themselves in a ...
- August 22, 2014Sodium is bad for you, right? That’s what most Americans are under the impression of, with numerous health outlets and medical physicians claiming salt has the potential for wrecking your heart health, blood pressure numbers, and even pushing you towards obesity. Still, according to Sarí Harrar, author of Lower Your Blood Pressure Naturally, a lot ...
- August 15, 2014Hearing loss is widespread throughout the elderly population and those with clinical hearing deficiencies. Its debilitating symptoms can often lead to depression, social ostracism, failure to obtain or hold employment, and even poor educational functioning. That being said, the relief efforts of conventional clinical practitioners are often lacking in regards to proper care for such deficiencies, ...
- August 8, 2014Have you ever experienced shin splints? These are shooting pains in the tibia, or the bone that runs between the knee and the ankle, and they can send anyone’s fitness program off track. According to Frederick Azar, chief of staff at the Campbell Clinic, a private orthopedic practice in Memphis, Tenn., and team physician for ...
- August 1, 2014With recent research finding that your favorite showertime cleaning accessory could be harboring some harrowing bacteria growth, it’s time to take a look at some important steps for abstaining from your loofah’s potential health problems. #1: Dry It. Take your loofah out of the wet shower area often. “It’s ideal to allow the shower area to ...