Welcome to The Joint - Woodland Hills! As your local chiropractor in Woodland Hills, CA, we invite you to join the millions of Americans who have not only found relief from back pain, but also a pathway to wellness with chiropractic’s natural, drug-free approach to healthcare.
How We Can Help
Whether you are familiar with chiropractic care or this is your first time, you can expect your visit to The Joint to be new and different from any healthcare experience you’ve had before. Perhaps even life-changing.
Here is a quick and easy way to see what makes The Joint …the chiropractic place the perfect chiropractic destination:
- Conveniently Located
- Open Nights & Weekends
- No Appointment required
- No Insurance Hassles / Requirements
- Affordable Personalized Care Plans
- Licensed Chiropractors & Chiropractic Physicians
Our chiropractic services offer you and your family a quality, affordable, convenient and accessible healthcare solution. Chiropractic assists in eliminating and relieving the days of shoulder, neck and back pain as well as many other “symptoms” you may be experiencing. So whatever your ailments may be, visit our Woodland Hills chiropractic office, because your overall health is our business. And remember, you never need an appointment to visit The Joint so stop in when it is convenient for you. See you soon!
Dr. James Van Grinsven
Dr. James Van Grinsven was born and raised in southern California and graduated from CSUN in 1984 with a degree in biology. Afterwards, he went to Los Angeles College of Chiropractic, earning his doctorate degree with a Summa Cum Laude honor. Since that time, he has been in practice for over 25 years, treating patients all the while raising 4 children, 2 boys and 2 girls. Along the way, he has practiced in conjunction with other physicians including orthopedists, neurologists and pain management specialists. His passion remains strong with chiropractic from the day he graduated until today.
He has continued his quest for knowledge over the years and has taught his skill at the post graduate level to other chiropractors in the state of California. “Dr. Van” has seen many changes in the profession as well as its perception by the public. He believes in the approach that it is easier to maintain health than it is to regain it with drugs or surgery. Hobbies that he enjoys include the outdoors such as camping, traveling and following his kids’ college teams in volleyball and basketball.
The best way to contact us is via phone, then email.
Did You Know?
Routine chiropractic care can provide management and relief for the following:
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Migraine and Tension Headaches
- Shoulder and Elbow Pain
- Knee, Foot and Ankle Pain
- Leg Pain (Sciatica)
- Chronic Injuries
- And More!
Chiropractic may also help:
- Improve Nervous System Function
- Relieve Prenatal Discomfort
- Increase Vitality and Improve Quality of Life
- Provide Preventative Care
- Improve Overall Health and Wellness for both Children and Adults
Friendly Tips for Your Chiropractic Visit
How to get the most out of your Woodland Hills chiropractic visit:
- Wear loose fitting and comfortable clothes.
- Write down a list of your problem areas (lower back pain, any sports injury, stiffness, etc.)
- Include any accidents that you may have been in (car accidents, falls, sports accidents, etc.)
- Include any persistent problems (sleep difficulty, headaches, neck pain, soreness, etc.)
- Include any health conditions and any surgeries you have had.
- In other words, tell your chiropractor about all of your health conditions so that he can help you best.
In other words, tell your chiropractor all about your lifestyle and health conditions so that they can tailor your chiropractic care to maximize your health goals.
- May 21, 2015MichaelIncreasing amounts of recent research reports that the microbiome, or the multitude of invisible bacteria that lives on every surface we interact with as well as inside of us, has a significant effect on our health. The modern era has seen an increase in diseases that were once thought to be rare, and experts agree that ...
- May 18, 2015MichaelA wealth of recent research has shown the many benefits of making meditation a regular practice, but it is often a difficult habit for many to integrate into their regular routine. What follows, are some tips that can make meditation an important part of life without stress, which is the whole point of meditating in ...
- May 12, 2015MichaelIt’s common knowledge that the food we eat effects the health of our body, but it’s not so well known that diet also has a major impact on mental health as well. A recent report from the USDA, for example, mentions that omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil are a recommended supplement for treating ...
- May 5, 2015MichaelAs yoga grows in popularity as a form of exercise, therapy for physical ailments, and even a spiritual practice, more and more products catering to it as a lifestyle have begun to flood the market. The average consumer may find themselves confused by complexities of choosing even the most basic of equipment, like the yoga mat. ...
- April 30, 2015MichaelLauren Coles’ job is to teach yoga to office workers. For companies that can afford to offer their employees the benefit of an in-house yoga instructor for after lunch stretch breaks, productivity and workplace morale receives a definite boost. But for those who don’t have this luxury, are there any other ways to reap similar ...
- April 24, 2015MichaelA series of exercises for loosening tightness in major joints, has been developed by Dr Motoyama of Japan. Motoyama’s life work is to validate Chinese Medicine’s life force, known as Chi, within a modern medical context at the California Institute For Human Science, in Encinitas, California. These joint loosening exercises promote circulation of Chi through the ...
- April 9, 2015MichaelIt’s well known that exercise has a host of beneficial effects on humans, including an increase in the life span and reduction in the risk of becoming diabetic, and reduction of a resistance to insulin. Yet exercise is also known to increase the presence in the body of oxidants, or molecular formations in the cells ...
- April 3, 2015MichaelThe average American eats about one cup of fruit per day, which is only half of the recommended amount for adults, according to Dietary Guidelines for Americans, established in 2010. Furthermore, two-thirds of the fruit consumed is whole fruit, while the remaining third is 100% fruit juice. A recent study takes a look at the ...
- March 31, 2015MichaelChiropractic care is a medical discipline that has become established in professional clinics around the country. Academic research and medical studies have done much to popularize this form of therapy amongst the mainstream, and this is due in no small part to the evidence-based efficacy of it practice. However, for a change of perspective away ...